Friday, October 24, 2014

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!!


Chocolate Chip Cookies- Grain free and Dairy Free

My oldest is coming home from college this weekend. He says he wants to trick or treat with his brothers on our camping trip, but I'm pretty sure it's because tomorrow is birthday. ;) So, his Nana is making his favorite cake, and the little kids and I made chocolate chip cookies since they are his favorite! These are perfect for satisfying that cookie craving, while following a real food, grain free lifestyle.


Ingredients
1 cup of almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 egg
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean 
1/4 tsp baking soda
Dash salt
1/2 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350
Mix all dry ingredients- minus chocolate chips
Mix all wet ingredients
Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well. 
Fold in chocolate chips
Drop the cookies onto a lined baking sheet (I actually grabbed about a spoonful at a time, rolled into a ball, then put on the sheet. After I got them all placed, I flattened them out to the thickness I wanted.)
Bake for 8-12 minutes. For softer cookies, less time. For a crispier cookie, more time. 
Enjoy!! 

--C


No comments:

Post a Comment