Monday, June 22, 2015

Almond Butter Blondies

As usual, I'm waiting until the last minute.. I need a quick dessert recipe for the Fathers Day lunch I'm hosting, and I want minimal ingredients. Off to Pinterst I go... I found a peanut butter brownie recipe that I thought I could modify and make work. This modified recipe is going to be a new favorite!!! We are a peanut free family, so I subbed almond butter, but any nut or seed butter will work.
This recipe is also dairy and soy free. You could sub the whole wheat flour for a gluten free flour as well.

Ingredients
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup raw almond butter 
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all liquid ingredients together in a bowl, except the melted coconut oil. 
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
Then add in the melted coconut oil, stirring until mixed.
Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into a brownie pan.*
Bake for 30-40 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean. 
 
*I used a greased 9x11 brownie pan, but a square 9 inch pan will work, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment